Are you an experienced clinical pharmacist with prior authorization experience? Do you now live – or would you like to live – in gorgeous Tempe, Arizona? If so, take a look at Rx relief’s® top job for July!
The pharmacist hired for this position will take on a prior authorization specialist role. As such, you not only will verify that the information is accurate and complete on the written prescription requests you’ll receive, you also will (among other responsibilities:
- Review prior authorization requests and determine proper drug products, based upon member benefits and coverage criteria.
- Set medication analysis criteria; meet regulatory reporting requirements for the review, fraud and abuse reporting for drug utilization; and coordinate reports to clients.
- Meet Medicare Part D requirements while developing systematic reviews of prescription claims.
- Evaluate and make sure quality controls are in place, as well as implement improvement in pharmacy practices, as needed.
- Maintain drug knowledge and your understanding of disease states for application to prior authorization reviews.
To be considered for this temporary-to-hire opportunity, you must have a valid, active and open Arizona pharmacist license, you must possess either an R.Ph. or a Pharm.D. degree and you must have at least one to three years of recent clinical/hospital pharmacy experience.
Your schedule will be Monday through Friday, during the day. No weekends (at this time).
This assignment will see you working at our client’s facility as an Rx relief® employee until (if/when) you are hired on as a permanent employee by our client. This position does have the potential to become permanent.
Your pay depends on your experience. Indeed.com reported in early July that the average salary for a clinical pharmacist in Tempe, Arizona, was $98,000.
Tempe is located about 10 miles southeast of Phoenix, Arizona, and is considered to be a part of the Phoenix Metropolitan area.