San Francisco, CA
Date Posted: June 16, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 103974
Inpatient Pharmacy Manager
Join one of the nation’s leading pharmacist placement firms! Right now, Rx relief has a great management opportunity for an experienced Inpatient Pharmacist. Voted Best of Staffing by both clients and talent, we are a specialty staffing company providing supplemental pharmacy professionals for all pharmacy practice settings. We are seeking a Inpatient Pharmacy Manager in the San Francisco, CA area for a permanent assignment providing management within a clinical hospital setting in California. As a member of our team you’ll enjoy a customized approach to your career needs as well as comprehensive benefits! Join our dynamic team, apply today!
As a Inpatient Pharmacy Manager you will maintain relationships with medical staff to improve drug usage and therapeutic outcomes, while maintaining productivity and quality standards as well as legal and company compliance. You will also be responsible for receiving written prescription or refill requests and verifying that information is complete and accurate in an inpatient hospital setting.
Additional responsibilities of the Clinical Inpatient Pharmacist include but not limited to:
· Data Entry and verification- using Cerner/ Pyxis. (Experience with Cerner is preferred, but not a must)
· Providing specialized pharmaceutical services to improve drug usage and therapeutic outcomes including advising physicians on issues concerning drug therapy, the inherent toxicity of drugs and side effects, as well as assisting in the prescription of appropriate doses
· Coordinating the activities of assigned pharmacy technicians engaged in the preparation, labeling and delivery of medications and other pharmaceutical supplies in accordance with physicians' prescriptions
· Ensuring compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations pertaining to the dispensing of drugs and controlled drugs and the maintenance of required records
· Mentoring pharmacy interns in training including but not limited to Pharmacy Practice Residents and pharmacy students; activities should include both practical and didactic experiences
· Conducting and evaluating medication histories, assessing compliance and suggesting modifications so as to achieve desired outcomes
· Instructing patients in the proper use of prescribed drugs; participating in patient care rounds with multidisciplinary teams to evaluate patient progress
· Individualizing medication regimens using sound principles, accounting for pharmacodynamic/pharmacokinetics variations in drug absorption, distribution, metabolism and elimination with responsibility for establishing and continually improving the delivery of pharmaceutical care to patients within areas of direct responsibility and assisting others in the department with the same
· Creating and implementing new policies and procedures (IF NEEDED)
For this management role, we are looking for a Pharmacist with experience in a clinical hospital setting in a management role. If that’s you, we want to hear from you! Apply Today!
Specific Pharmacy Manager requirements:
Area: Ability to work in the San Francisco, CA Area
Licensure requirements: Must have valid, open and active California Pharmacist license
Education: PharmD or B.S.
Years of experience: 1-3+ year(s) of recent pharmacy experience within an hospital or ambulatory care setting as a Pharmacy Manager
Schedule: TBD - will vary
Length of Assignment: Temp to Hire or Direct Hire depending on experience
Background/drug requirements: Ability to successfully complete background check, client health screening criteria and drug screen
Click here to chat with a recruiter live and learn more about this position!
Chat with a recruiter live via the link below
Copy and paste link in to browser