Date Posted: October 12, 2017
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 107509
Per Diem Pharmacist
Join one of the nation’s leading pharmacist placement firms! Right now, Rx relief has a great opportunity for an experienced Per Diem Pharmacist. Voted Best of Staffing by both clients and talent, we are a specialty staffing company providing supplemental pharmacy professionals for all pharmacy practice settings. We are seeking a Per Diem Pharmacist in the Stockton/Modesto/Merced, CA area for several shifts within Community Retail, Specialty, Long Term Care, and/or Inpatient settings. As a member of our team you’ll enjoy a customized approach to your career needs as well as comprehensive benefits! Join our dynamic team, apply today!
Job Responsibilities in Community Retail and Long Term Care settings:
· Establishing or maintaining patient profiles, including lists of medications taken by individual patients
· Maintaining proper storage and security conditions for drugs
· Answering telephones, responding to questions or requests by patient and Pharmacy Technicians
· Prepackaging bulk medicines, filling bottles with prescribed medications, and typing and affixing labels
· Mixing pharmaceutical preparations, according to written prescriptions
· Verifying prescriptions and counseling
· Assisting customers by answering simple questions, locating items, or referring them to the pharmacist for medication information
Job Responsibilities in Inpatient settings:
· Responsible for setting criteria for medication analysis, coordinate reports to clients, meet regulatory reporting requirements for drug utilization review and fraud and abuse reporting.
· Review medication orders for appropriateness and accuracy including, but not limited to: contraindications, allergies, dose, frequency, duplicate therapy and formulary status
· Interprets Clarifies and rectifies physician medications and IV orders, including the medication reconciliation process
· Interprets Clarifies and rectifies prescriptions and selects medications for Outpatient dispensing
· Monitors all patients on specified target drugs and initiates Pharmacokinetic dosing protocols.
· Evaluates drug therapy for appropriateness and makes drug therapy recommendations to clinician
· Prescribes drug therapy per collaborative drug therapy management agreements/medical Executive Committee approved protocols
· Dispenses the final product for administration and performs patient counseling
· Detect, monitor and report adverse drug events and medication errors (EIR)
· Supervise and train pharmacy technicians to assure accurate order entry, preparation and proper technique according to USP 797 compliance
· Supervise and trains pharmacy interns and externs. May serve as preceptor for the intern or extern as defined by the State Board of Pharmacy
· Participate in development of drug protocols and clinical pathways
· Perform drug usage evaluations on selected drugs and reports results to the Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee. Completes quality assurance auditing
· as required for prescriptive authority
Do you have experience as a Per Diem Pharmacist within a Community Retail, Specialty, Long Term Care, or Inpatient setting? If the answer is yes, then we want you on our team! Apply Today!
Specific Per Diem Pharmacist requirements:
· Area: Ability to work in the Stockton, Modesto, Merced, CA area
· Licensure requirement: Active California Pharmacist License in good standing.
· Education: B.S. or Pharm D
· Years of experience: 1 year(s) of recent pharmacy experience within a Retail, Long Term Care, or Inpatient setting
· Schedule: Monday - Friday, some weekends included
· Length of Assignment: Ongoing Per Diem
· Pay: DOE
· Background/drug requirements: Ability to successfully complete background check, client health screening criteria and drug screen
***Looking for experienced RPH for hospital, community retail, and Long Term Care Per Diem opportunities
At Rx relief, we are proud to offer the following benefits:
· Health Insurance with Prescription coverage
· 401(k) and deferred compensation programs
· Cafeteria Plans
· Free CE
· Low-cost group health benefits for Part-Time Associates
Click here to chat with a recruiter live and learn more about this position!
Chat with a recruiter live via the link below
Copy and paste link in to browser