Salary: Depending on Experience
Date Posted: April 17, 2019
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 136821
PRN Community Retail Pharmacist
Join one of the nation’s leading pharmacist placement firms! Right now, Rx relief has a great opportunity for an experienced PRN Community Retail Pharmacist. Voted Best of Staffing by both clients and talent, we are a specialty staffing company providing supplemental pharmacy professionals for all pharmacy practice settings. We have an opening for a PRN Community Retail Pharmacist in the Tyler, Texas area. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a customized approach to your career needs as well as comprehensive benefits! Join our dynamic team, apply today!
· Demonstrates the ability to process Outpatient/Retail prescriptions in a safe, accurate, efficient, and regulatory compliant manner while adhering to designed Outpatient/Retail pharmacy workflows (i.e. data entry, DUR evaluation and resolution, PBM claim adjudication, etc.).
· Demonstrates the ability to communicate with patients and other health care professionals regarding proper medication use, including but not limited to dose administration, therapeutic uses, side effects, drug and food interactions, and medication storage requirements.
· Manages time for optimal productivity to facilitate non-dispensing activities (i.e. immunizations, Medication Therapy Management (MTM), specialty medications care management, population health initiatives, etc.).
· Delegates tasks to pharmacy technicians and other support staff, as permitted by regulation and policy, while providing professional oversight.
· Provides exceptional customer service or service recovery to internal and external customers.
· Demonstrates flexibility and cooperation to complete work-related tasks.
· Establishing or maintaining patient profiles
· Maintaining proper storage and security conditions for drugs
· Determine the most efficient and cost effective medications and alternatives, review inventory, place orders, and verify receipt of medications.
· Answering telephones, responding to questions or requests by patient and Pharmacy Technicians
· Review written prescriptions for safety, efficacy, appropriateness, and accuracy; maintain patient drug profiles to avoid adverse reactions.
· Pre-packaging bulk medicines, filling bottles with prescribed medications, and typing and affixing labels
· Mixing pharmaceutical preparations, according to written prescriptions
· Verifying prescriptions and counseling
· Assisting customers by answering simple questions, locating items, or referring them to the pharmacist for medication information
· Advise patients and health care practitioners on the selection, dosages, interactions, and side effects of medications.
· Maintains a current knowledge of all departmental safety procedures.
· Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices. Reports to supervisor in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
· Assist with the administrative duties of operating a retail pharmacy, including pricing, compiling statistics, updating and researching new medications for the formulary, and writing administrative policies and procedures.
· Ability to work well with patients, pharmacists, physicians, and other health care practitioners.
· Ability to troubleshoot problems efficiently and effectively.
· Knowledge of local, state, and federal regulatory requirements.
· Performs other related duties as required.
Do you have recent PRN Community Retail Pharmacist experience? If so, this is the position for you! Apply Today!
Specific PRN Community Retail Pharmacist requirements:
· Area: Ability to work in the surrounding Tyler, Texas area
· Licensure Requirements: Must have valid, open and active Texas license. RPH
· Education: Pharm D and BS Degree
· Years of Experience: 1 + year(s) in a retail pharmacy setting
· Schedule: Weekdays, Weekends, Per Diem
· Length of Assignment: Per Diem
· Pay: Depending on Experience
· Background/ Drug Requirements: Ability to successfully complete a background check, client health screening criteria and drug screen
At Rx relief, we are proud to offer the following benefits:
· Health Insurance with Prescription coverage
· 401(k) and deferred compensation programs
· Cafeteria Plans
· Free CE
· Low-cost group health benefits for Part-Time Associates