Salary: Depending on Experience
Date Posted: February 20, 2019
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 138276
Compounding Pharmacy Technician- Full Time
Join one of the nation’s leading pharmacy placement firms! Right now, Rx relief has a great opportunity for an experienced Compounding Pharmacy Technician. Voted Best of Staffing by both clients and talent, we are a specialty staffing company providing supplemental pharmacy professionals for all pharmacy practice settings. We have an opening for a Compounding Pharmacy Technician in the Dallas/Plano, TX area. As a member of our team you’ll enjoy a customized approach to your career needs as well as comprehensive benefits! Join our dynamic team, apply today!
A Compounding Pharmacy Technician will be responsible for compounding medications and overseeing the compounding lab under the direction of the pharmacist. This role has responsibility for overall store knowledge and provides support to all customers in the store. You will be responsible for maintaining customer service per company standards, generating sales, housekeeping, merchandising, cash register operations and loss prevention.
· Duties and Responsibilities:
· Requires a working knowledge of compounding equipment (i.e. ointment mill, scales, electro-mortar).
· Works as a team player aware of pharmacy surroundings and workflow.
· Must be capable of maintaining standards and reviewing work.
· Must be proficient in the use and operation of computers.
· Extensive knowledge of brand and generic drug names.
· Ability to perform basic pharmacy calculations (i.e. dose and formula calculations).
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to interact with customers on the telephone in a courteous, professional manner using proper telephone etiquette
· Assists Pharmacist to prepare and dispense medication.
· Day-to-day pharmacy procedures/duties; count and pour; fill and dispense; pharmacy records maintenance; type refills and new prescriptions.
· Responsible for the compounding of medications (i.e. capsules, liquids, topical, suppositories, lozenges) according to doctor’s specifications by using raw chemicals and commercially available prescriptions.
· Responsible for setting up formulas/drugs according to USP 795 regulations.
· Maintains records by recording and filing physician’s orders and prescriptions.
· Responsible for in-depth pharmaceutical calculations to prepare formulas and dosing.
· Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them in person or by phone; answering questions and requests; referring inquiring to pharmacist.
· Fills bottles with prescribed tablets and capsules, and inputs prescriptions into computer system.
· Filing and calling third party insurance to ensure proper reimbursement and payment.
· Responsible for pricing of compounds and proper reimbursement from third party insurance.
· Responsible for maintaining and ordering compounding chemicals and supplies.
· Maintains familiarity with procedures/products in other departments.
· Maintains regular, reliable attendance.
· Performs other work related duties as assigned.
Do you have recent Pharmacy Compounding experience? If so, this is the position for you! Apply Today!
· Area: Ability to work near Dallas area.
· License requirement: PTCB, CPhT
· Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
· Years of experience: 3 years of experience in outpatient setting
· Schedule: Monday through Friday
· Length of Assignment: Monday – Friday
· Pay: Depending On Experience
· Background/drug requirements: Ability to complete background check, client health screening criteria and drug screen
· At Rx relief, we are proud to offer the following benefits:
· Health Insurance with Prescription coverage
· 401(k) and deferred compensation programs